Sinister: Viva Zapato!

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Mon Nov 9 19:52:39 GMT 1998

Evenin' all. Just thought I'd exceed our One a Day Limit in order to
put Wee Bobbie's mind at rest. I wasn't offended by your Baader
Meinhof comment, I just wanted to show off a bit. I do know a bit
about the Baader Meinhoffers, but not much, and it's all very hazy.
But it was definitely shit scary. Not so much due to what they did,
but because of the apparent ease with which certain people can go from
ranting and raving to "direct action". To try and explain in terms
that we can all understand: imagine if the Duke suddenly decided he'd
had enough of spouting sprouts about pop and got involved in some
"direct action" - such as forming a group, probably with his teddy
bears. It would be terrible, wouldn't it? I bet he'd do that Kevin
Rowland "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" thing and have
foppish hair. And yet it's such an easy move to make. Or so it would
seem. I have read books about terrorism though. When I asked if they
had any in Burton library they sent me to the taoism section. How we
laughed, the librarian and I.

If I buy "Ghetto Superstar" by Pras out of the Fugees, will you all
laugh at me and call me names? Are Mercury Rev post-rock? I've been
waiting for that Gene Clark compilation for ages, but now it's out I'm
just not in the mood. I've just been listening to Red Snapper in
concert on the radio. I've seen them, you know. I like the trumpet
player.

Fluffy! I got your tape. The postman left it on the stairs, due to the
fact that "Sister Disco" is not written on the postbox. My lovely wife
has now rumbled one of my nom-de-nets. She was pretty impressed when I
played her the song of the same name by the 70s WHO. I haven't
listened to the tape yet, due to the pressure of work, but I'm
suitably impressed by the extensive sleeve notes and the tape cover
made from a Preston bus timetable. Thank you very much. I have a
feeling my life is never going to be the same again.

The circus is in town! I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it! I
went for a walk around the site this afternoon, it smells of exotic
animal poo! It was a bit like the closing scenes of Tod Browning's
"Freaks", only without the rain. And that was just the people putting
the big top up! I dread to think what delights the show holds in
store. I wove circwuses!

Are the Lo-Fidelity All Stars shit? It's certainly a shit name.
They're supposed to be treading the boards here on Thursday, and I'm
wondering whether it's worth sacrificing my weekly attempt to sit
through an entire episode of the X Files for. Actually, I managed it
last week, but I didn't know what the fuck was going on.

Brad, the Dukester is currently claiming to be unsubscribed. That's
why we make fun of him so much. You'll have to go by the official
channels:

tangents at lineone.net

that address is taken from THE book, so it must be right. Someone was
wondering how the Duke signs his book. Mine says "to Peter, keep the
faith, with love, Alistair x". Stop smirking at the back, it's true.

Sister Disco