Sinister: The Time I got Busted For Pocession of Reggae

Gary Done gary at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 9 22:00:28 GMT 1998

Evenin' all....

Before I start replying, I just thought I'd point out that noone's mentioned
the luscious Mr Miller when trying to suss out who the leaders of the list
crush league could be. I'd of said he's a dead cert for the mainland Europe
list member who's in joint lead wouldn't you all ?. Oh and I think Fluffy is
one of the others cos you all love her, even when she's telling you you all
smell, now come one, you know you do.

Bill wrote....

"I have a cassette from Felt called The Pictorial Jackson Review. I've
had it for three years - there are two songs on it that are really
wonderful and show clearly their influence on Stuart - they are 'Ivory
Past' and 'Apple Boutique.' I recommend getting this record. Could
anyone recommend another Felt record? They tend to be pretty expensive
here in the States."

I have that album on good old, not so crackily vinyl and it is indeed
fantastic, I could do without the epic tampon advert music inspired Duffy
stuff on the b-side though.  I recommend..... no I demand that you get
Forever Breathes the Lonely Word, cos it's top banana. I've just ordered
three Felt albums from a record shop in London, 7.99 each, but I bet they
haven't got the sods.

Ahem... Johnny Wonny wrote...

"Dexy's Midnight Runners - Er, shit. Can't think of a single
thing. And there I was thinking how easy it must be to be a
Duke. Well it isn't. So just remember kids. This is not a
game."

How about the fact that Searching For The Young Soul Rebels was one of the
best albums of the Eighties and they should have packed up and flipped off
after it, instead of releasing all that Come On Eileen shite ?.

Lorraine wrote...

"it seems that b&s fans come from all types of musical realms
so while i recommend music to everyone, i can't assure you that
you'll like any of it.  :(

other bands i've been listening to lately:
mojave3
rialto
sweet trip

other favourite bands of mine:
slowdive
my bloody valentine
broadcast
pale saints

any other shoegazer belle & sebastian fans out there?"

Well I wouldn't call myself a fan of shoegazing, but I do love the first two
Pale Saints album s with a passion and I love early Boo Radleys as well,
Ichabod and I is pretty Shoegazerish I think.

Right, I'm buggering off now

Bye

Gary