Sinister: I saw Moose...with another fine Scottish band.

FourJacksandaJill bkim0 at xxx.edu
Mon Nov 9 22:42:43 GMT 1998

Yep, I saw them open for the Cocteau Twins at the Tower Theater in Philly
a few years ago.  They were amazing I must say, totally stunning, in this
countryesque shoegazer way (but more rockin' and much better than Mojave 3
who are just not up to snuff).  I met them afterwrads at the meet n' greet
backstage--and although it seems as if they started drinking as soon as
they stepped off of the stage they were all really swell guys.  I talked
to Lincoln the most.  I heard demos of the new album and it's kidna
strange--more sophisticated maybe?  Still seemed great though.

I used to shoegaze but I never liked Ride, Chapterhouse...I always use
this made-up song to make fun of those early hazy days.  Musically you
should alter between delayed, chorus-y notes and loud distorted delayed
chrous-y chords.

"MUSIC THE SHOEGAZE BY"
(words/music: Benjamin Xavier Kim)

I think that I
Could fly so high
Could touch the sky
Oh me oh my
It's time to die
Just don't ask why
I hear you sigh
And it's goodbye

(sung in a fragile Brit accent)

Presto!  Instant shoegaze classic circa 1991.

Xavier
--
BXK	 	                                  "It's recess everywhere
bkim0 at dept.english.upenn.edu                       but in his heart."