Sinister: other bands I like

Evan Gregg evanbear at xxx.com
Mon Nov 9 23:34:31 GMT 1998

nobody here knows me but I'm evan but you can call me evanbear if there
are any evans on here
um...wont give long intro in this message but here are a couple bands
that are new or fairly new that someone on here might like
(this is a long detailed list, if i should not do something like this
again cause its too long just let me know)

Secret Stars-
just a boy and a girl with guitars and a little keyboard that makes
pretty noises while they sing

Ida (who plenty people prolly know)-
just a couple boys and a couple girls with guitars, violin, and drums
and stuff that sing real pretty (the drums dont sing the people do)

Pernice Brothers-
no girls (except on piano, occaisonal backup singing and some on strings
and one on string harp)but an old boy hes like 30 or something with one
of the pretiest voices you ever will hear, i wont try to describe the
music cause all the bands that are easy to compare to them suck for the
most part and its an insult to lump Pernice Bros. with them (the band is
basically Joe Pernice w/ various cool people like Peyton Pinkerton from
New Radiant Storm Kings (shoegazers i spose) and Thom Monahan from
Lily's who are freaks)

Class-
i hear there was a brittish band by this name too but this one is
somebody else from massachusetts, boy and girl with guitar a violin and
some keeyboard thingies, some people would prolly hate his voice which
is not sweet at all, quite rough and flat but the girl has a very sweet
voice so their harmonies are painfully perty, best song=Feeling Fine "i
was happy when i put my new record on, i was sad as i listened to it all
alone", plus they cover Field Mice song "This Love Is Not Wrong"

Vulgar Boatmen-
just boys but wunnerful boys singing prretty mostly acoustic countryish
pop songs that make me bounce around like B&S do, great driving music
too (at least the album i have whicch is You And Your Sister, i havent
hear dthe other albums)

um...cant really think of any oher currrent people
ive been listening to obscure of semi-obsucre 80's stuff mostly lately
so im not in a very modern mindset
anyone who doesn't know Go-Betweens many people wouldd prolly love them
ive also been listening to Jazz Butcher, Orange Juice, Game Theory,
Let's Active, Martin Newell (finally finally finally found an album of
his (Greatest Living Englishman), Smithereens, but mostly Go-Betweens
which is a daily (usually Talullah or 16 Lovers Lane) i would reccomend
Talullah to anyone who doesnt have it its an aboslute pop masterpiece
(and there are happy oboe solos)

----Ev
http://www.angelfire.com/ma/dixiecluck" (has a mostly complete list of
what i listen to but most of the links dont work yet)