Sinister: Where The Dukes He Gone?

Warrander John - FML WarranderJ at xxx.uk
Tue Nov 10 12:06:28 GMT 1998

Oh my god, I'm devastated. The Duke's not here anymore.
I voted for him as my list crush too, him being my hero and
all. Can I vote again please? I want to vote for whoever has
seven votes already. They're obviously a bit of a knock-out,
stunning looks and perfection as a hipster personality. I
think we should all have a list hero. Can we vote for that too.
Send your votes directly to your hero and you may well
make their day. Maybe not though. I send one to MY hero
several times a day and he just tells me to "piss off".

Anyway, Mr Robert McTaggart pointed out to me that:

>Peter Miller and I both signed ourselves Petey-Wetey
>and Taggy-Waggy after the great Sarah row of '97.

So I do apologise for being criminally late with my
Johnny-Wonny moniker. Anyway, I like being late so has
everybody stopped talking about Breakfast At Tiffany's yet?
Good, then I'll have my say. Actually, I just wanted to say
that Charade is better. Did Truman Capote write that too?
Did they change the end? Bastards. They changed the end
of Oscar and Lucinda. It was absolutely awful what they
changed it to as well. Up until that point I had rather enjoyed
the film and then I left the cinema quite angry. The book is
wonderful though and Peter Carey's latest effort (I think it's
his latest) Jack Maggs is wonderful too. He pays homage to
Dickens and has all these cute and clever nods to Dickens
characters and Dicken's life itself. Not being particularly well
read when it comes to the Dickens fellow, I missed all this
and I still really enjoyed the book. Oh, and the scene in
Charade where Audrey Hepburn turns to Cary Grant and
says "You know what's wrong with you...? Nothing" is my
most favourite cinematic moment ever.

And as for all this Baader-Meinhoff talk. Jolly good show.
We should all write and tell Steven Wells about this. It'll
crush his preconceptions of B&S fans and he'll probably
implode. Do we still hate Steven Wells?

Now my computer's just told me it's 1972. I knew there
was something wrong. I was wondering why I was wearing
flares too. Fuck, does this mean the internet's not been
invented yet?

Cheerio chums,
Love...John

PS It's the most incredibly beautiful Autumnal day in
Manchester. The sun is up, the sky is blue, there's not
a cloud to spoil the view. Marvellous.