Sinister: I am the Black Gold of the Sun

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Nov 10 13:02:24 GMT 1998

Due to the imminent danger of being set on fire, I have to clarify a
point I made last week which appears to have caused untold suffering
and claimed numerous lives. Warrender John did not send me a child's
birthday party invitation. Why on earth would someone from Aberdeen do
that? What he actually sent was a kind of notelet, with a picture of a
young lady on it, and lines for writing on so that it doesn't go all
wibbly wobbly. It's very nice, and I like it, but it should in no way
be taken to infer that Warrender John is some kind of international
sick pervert. Far from it, he is a fine upstanding Aberdonian, and
probably talks Banffish. His tapes are mighty fine.

As indeed are Fluffy's. I have now listened to side one, and lived to
tell the tale. There's a couple of funny bits, including someone's mum
telling her noisy kids off, which I like very much. I must also
mention the very fine drawngs that accompany the extensive sleeve
notes. It always helps to know what a group looks like, Bod on acid in
this case.

Special thanks to the human whoopee cushion, Adrian Evans, for a
suitably saucy Monday Poem.

Mullet Man, I only got two votes last time, and I've got even uglier
since then, as a quick glance at the photo page will reveal. By the
way Paul, your website looks lovely when it isn't there. You sound
like Ronnie Corbett. Also, I have been pondering your theory (or Tim's
theory) that the worse a soul LP cover is, the better the music. That
certainly applies (at least the first bit) to the Gamble and Huff
output in the seventies, some of the covers look truly atrocious,
quite smelly in fact, like something you found in the mate's loft,
next to their dad's porno mags, towards the end of the school
holidays. I'm just beginning to get the hang of the music, it's very
BIG, and not that easy for a PUNK like me. Rotary Connection, on the
other hand, are SHIT HOT, so much so that I have named this message
after their finest hour.

Speaking of Tim, the envelope Flufy sent me originated from Ed Mason,
yet I could find no trace of Tim's famous underpants.

Magnetic Fields Megan henceforth shal be known as simply Magnetic
Megan to avoid any confusion. Unless anyone objects, of course.

Has anyone heard any top anecdotes from the returning troops that took
over New York last week? Well, we've had one or two, I know, but too
much of a good thing can be wonderful.

I now owe two people tapes, but have no idea what they might like.
Speak now or be subjected to 90 minutes of high octane Krautrock.

Cheers,

Peter James Miller

PS: Lesley, what's your J?
PPS: Carrick, that wall sounds fucking great!