Sinister: First we 'll take Nottingham...

Aranzazu Sanz-Garcia pcxas at xxx.uk
Tue Nov 10 15:20:28 GMT 1998

Ca va, sinisteriques?

I am sure Belle and Sebastian will conquer the world one day or another in
spite of their lyrics about abandoned librarians with no prospects to
sucess according to the American standards.At least they are taking quite
quickly Nottingham University campus and its roundabouts.Let's see why

I was due to attend a play last Friday in the New Theatre, here in campus.
It was a kind of adaptation of some Irvin Welsh tale, I think. Finally I
did not turn up, but my friends told me they played some B&S songs (they
weren't able to tell me which ones...)as soundtrack, and in the program,
in the 'thanks to' section, it was said something like 'Thanks to Belle
and Sebastian for being the way they are, that's it , for being just so
Belle and Sebastian', charming, isn't it?

My housemates , who were the ones to see the play, are totally converted
to them too,nowadays.It must be said they have received more influence
apart from mine,(family, friends, society),even one of them have no clue
about pop and most of her cds (she has no vinyls!,oh,GOd,she is a sinner)
are jazzy things.

Sorry for being so local in this email, but if Robin Stout reads this
before tonight : about CatPower gig, is the Bunkers Hill Inn in Hockley?

About Charade : it was not any novel or tale before being an screenplay,
and sure,it was not written by Truman Capote.Any film with Audrey turns
out to be remarkably delightful, but Holly is the best of her best.

P.S. I love your Proustesque postings, Stevie Trosers, never change!

Arantxa