Sinister: "99% of gargoyles look like Bob Todd."

Gary Done gary at xxx.uk
Tue Nov 10 19:32:26 GMT 1998

Ahoy there listees....

Xavier wrote this about Moose.....

"Yep, I saw them open for the Cocteau Twins at the Tower Theater in Philly
a few years ago.  They were amazing I must say, totally stunning, in this
countryesque shoegazer way (but more rockin' and much better than Mojave 3
who are just not up to snuff).  I met them afterwrads at the meet n' greet
backstage--and although it seems as if they started drinking as soon as
they stepped off of the stage they were all really swell guys.  I talked
to Lincoln the most.  I heard demos of the new album and it's kidna
strange--more sophisticated maybe?  Still seemed great though."

I saw Moose open for the Coctaus in Warrington a few years back. They were
indeed fantastic. I did mean to get some of their stuff but don't know what
to get first, anyone got any recommendations ?.

Mr S Gardiner ESQ wrote...

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Gary Done wrote:

> Before I start replying, I just thought I'd point out that noone's
mentioned
> the luscious Mr Miller when trying to suss out who the leaders of the list
> crush league could be. I'd of said he's a dead cert for the mainland
Europe
> list member who's in joint lead wouldn't you all ?. Oh and I think Fluffy
is
> one of the others cos you all love her, even when she's telling you you
all
> smell, now come one, you know you do.

Well I'm not giving anything away. Not because it's secret, but just to
build up the tension a bit. We currently have one person from England and
one from mainland Europe on 5 votes each, and another English person
storming into the lead on 7. The closest from the other side of the
Atlantic is on a measly 3 votes. But that may change when I add my votes
in... I may well post the standings tomorrow, but it depends if any of the
main contenders get any more votes (believe me, it matters) so get them in
quick!

I've sussed it, it's you isn't it Stu, you're the leader from England aren't
you, you've been voting for yourself again. You'll never learn will you,
have you forgotten your attempt to become Prime Minister already ?. 87)  I
must admit, I'm quite intrigued to find out who the stud/studettes are now.

Mr Miller wrote....

"As indeed are Fluffy's. I have now listened to side one, and lived to
tell the tale. There's a couple of funny bits, including someone's mum
telling her noisy kids off, which I like very much. I must also
mention the very fine drawngs that accompany the extensive sleeve
notes. It always helps to know what a group looks like, Bod on acid in
this case."

Ah that would be the splendid "Barbed Wire" by Gorkys a most excellent track
if I say so myself. Hehehe, I liked the drawings as well, if you'd only seen
the effort she put into doing them. 87)
YAY, BOD, how cool was that, damn I want the video but it's fecking 8.99
when all the other kids vids are 3.99, rip off or what ?.

"Mullet Man, I only got two votes last time, and I've got even uglier
since then, as a quick glance at the photo page will reveal."

Hey I'm shocked, I'd of thought you'd have been a dead cert. Still, think
yourself lucky, some of us only got one vote you know. I don't know, maybe
I'll get some sympathy votes now there's some babyish photos of me on the
photo page. 87)

"Speaking of Tim, the envelope Flufy sent me originated from Ed Mason,
yet I could find no trace of Tim's famous underpants."

She's cheap, we all knew it, this just goes to prove it. 87)

NOTE to Fluffy, I'm only joking, please don't push me under my
train...PLEASE!!!

Anyway, I need some tea, so I'm off to get a bite to eat.

See Ya

Gary

"This cycle is not constructed
to carry a passenger".