Sinister: moose again

keith m keithmcl at xxx.net
Tue Nov 10 19:53:54 GMT 1998

gary wrote-
>I saw Moose open for the Coctaus in Warrington a
few years
>back. They were
>indeed fantastic. I did mean to get some of their
stuff
>but don't know what
>to get first, anyone got any recommendations ?.

i think all three of their full lengths are
essential but my favorite is probably 'honey bee'
which was their second.  it is the breeziest and
most perfect.  'xyz' is a little more plodding but
has amazing songs like 'screaming' and 'polly'.
the last one 'live a little, love a lot' is a tad
too precious, i saw one review lament that it was
too pretty which is a weird thing to say but it is
big on atmosphere and less on hooks.

also their is lincoln's project Polar who sound
like they should have been on Sarah records(fey
jangle and strings) but the singer is not always
up to the task.

keith mcl
oh and to the person who said they have heard the
new record is it heavier?  i heard it was supposed
to be thus, also are they only a duo now?  russell
and kevin?