Sinister: "more cat power batman" said robin sick of the caped crusaders's fuzzbox records....

gateau du wizz wizzcake at xxx.com
Tue Nov 10 20:13:55 GMT 1998

dawhlings, again....

  Ian Connelly wrote:
  "cat power is definitely an acquired taste.....but
  then they started to stick in my head. and i started
  to hum them on the way to work...now i love
  them...the songs are really genius and heartfelt and
  amazing."

wow ian.  i have only properly listened to moon pix and i acn safely
say it is *gorgeous*.  when i was in new york it was the only album i
heard over and over...everyone who i visited was playing it at some
point...my host had it playing when i arrived and it didn't leave the
cd player until i left....from start to finish i'd claim it's as close
to a perfect album as i've heard this year.  'tis a funny thing but
chan marshall et al supported the dirty 3 during the summer here in
londres...and for some stupid reason which involved the promise of sex
i missed out.  (on both counts for that matter).  so no matter
what...come hail, rain, sleet or celine dion having it off with
richard ashcroft (popular tonight aren't we richard?) i have to see
this amazing cat power outfit on thursday.

  robbie said: "i don't get it.  i bought the new cat
  power a month or so ago and it still hasn't made it
  to my c.d. player more than twice.  am i listening
  to it with the wrong set of ears?  uuuhhhhhh!  i
  heard jim white's in there somewhere and he's a
  genius but i guess he was sober the day he recorded."

ooh robbie - listen to her voice, alone, gin and tonic in hand, mind
free of anything other than the love of your life and how gorgeous
everything can be when it works out and how terribly lung-emptying
when it doesn't.

ah, god i can't speak today.

- lady penelope

"you see a ghost, i see a halo"