Sinister: Everything in general and nothing in concrete

Jordi Trenzano Vilar 0291942a01 at xxx.es
Tue Nov 10 20:04:03 GMT 1998

Hi, sinisterites:

I have received "Tigermilk" and the english radio sessions, which were sent
to me by a guy called Stuart Gardiner. Really wonderful. I think that some
of the astronauts  who came to explore at the "discovery" should have taken
a copy with them, because I just can?t imagine how it could be hearing
"electronic renaissance" a million miles from home.
Yesterday I heard a song from the forthcoming Velocette album. Really
lovely. I am looking forward to hear the whole album.

Tara Widmer wrote:

"i have no idea if the Et are any good in concert, but after waiting 6
years
for them to grace our shores it's so exciting! break out the platform
shows,
lame gold hotpants and feather boas, I say! Girls, too!! someone asked
about
heroes, I have to say Ms Cracknell is quite high on the list for me. She
has
the voice of an angel and the kind of popstar-drag-queen icon thing working
for her. Who cares about the wonky eye, she's just precious.  They did this
VH-1 (christ, i watch too much of that...) "divas" special and instead of
having any real glam chicks it was all ho-hum city with Celine Dion and
Pariah Scarey. Sarah is way cooler..."

I saw them live at the spanish Benicassim Festival (along with PJ.Harvey,
Bjork, Sonic Youth, Teenage Fanclub, Tindersticks, Gorkys Zigotic Mincy,
Goldie,...... anything to envy to the english ones ? I do not think so) and
they were really sweet. I do not have any of their albums, but if you can
make dance 20.000 people who are tired of walking 45 minutes in order to
get into the stage, be sure that you have something special. They ended
with a slower version of "He is on the phone". Anyway, I just cannot
imagine Celine Dion singing this song or Mariah Carey making a crime of
"Silvye". Can you ?

Stuart, I have sent you an E-Mail, but possibly something has gone wrong
with my computer and you did not got it. Let me know, please.

Jordi.