Sinister: Lord Anthony ?1yrics? (fwd)

baggy trousers rmckay at xxx.edu
Wed Nov 11 04:01:39 GMT 1998

jimmy said:
> am gonna post by my own translation from tmy recording.  There are tapes
> going out to a few of you already so if you have any suggestions on these
> lyrics please post them to this list.  I put in parentheses the lyrics that
> I don't think are correct, but that's what it sounds like to me:

can someone who has a copy of the athens show get in touch with me..i have
a copy myself but im sure that someone out there will have a better
quality one than me..id also be interested in some of the songs that i
dont have that it seems others have (lonliness..etc) i dont seem to have
much B&S stuff that no one else has but i do have a rather large live
list..stuff like moz/smiths/pulp/suede and other bands..name a band and i
can see if i have anything..

ok..ive listened to the song as well and in the [] will be what i think if
it differs from yours:

> Lord Ant(h)ony
> > (Hunting in beauty school,          [Anthony, bullied at school]
> get your own bag)			[get your own back]
> now you are cool			[now you are cruel (cool?)]
> or are you still (jebunking off) though you're a tough   [drunk enough]
> it's all gone wrong again you got to (hold hands)
>
> But the teachers got no control
> Boys aren't lying
> You wont stay quiet			[you will stay quiet]
> Or you will die
>
> Returning, the back of the gym	[Tony at the back of the gym]
> Smoke another one, the chances are slim,
> 'Cause here they come again
> They got you on the prowl
> You're tasting blood again
> At least it's your own
>
> When will you realize it doesn't pay
> To be smarter than teachers, smarter than most boys,
> Shut your mouth, start kicking the football,
> (Buy all new teeth) you were out for a week		[bang on the teeth]
>
> You may as well take it in the guts, it could get worse
> just take it in the guts, it could get worse
> just take it in the guts, it could get worse
> just take it in the guts, it kind of hurts there (to me)
>
> You'll soon be old enough to leave the man
> Without a notion of a care
> You'll leave two fingers in the air
> (To me again)						[to meager living??]
>
> Tony, you bit of a mess
> (melt to) tow the rope under your dress   [melted tolberone under your dress]
> But if the kids could see you they would pass you right by
> The mascara running over your eye
>
> Why don't you realize it doesn't pay
> To be smarter than teachers, smarter than most boys,
> Shut your mouth, start kicking the football,
> (Bang on a tear) you were out for a week		[bang on the teeth]
>
> They call you lord Antony (in pain) it could be worse    [but hey]
> Lord Antony but hey it could be worse
> Lord Antony but hey it could be worse
> Lord Antony but hey it kind of suits you anyway
>
> You'll soon be old enough to leave the man
> Without a notion of a care
> You'll leave two fingers in the air
> (To me again)
>

> end
>
> thats the best I can do

i dont know if the way i did this will make sense, rather than me just
retyping, or if the computer will make it look rather funktified (we'll
soon find out)

roberta