Sinister: Vote '98

Reid Dossinger reid.dossinger at xxx.com
Wed Nov 11 13:20:57 GMT 1998

The ballot boxes are opened and the list crush votes counted.  Riots
erupt worldwide.  Tag, Mick and David Kitchen only get ONE vote each?!!
And Katrina gets NONE?!!  She provides us with the information that
keeps us so closely tied to the band we love, and how much sugar does
she get in return?  Not even a teaspoon, let alone the 4 cups she
deserves.  The world is upside down and being shaken for change.

Truth is, I didn't vote.  Because I didn't think it would be in the
rules to vote for about 20 people, as well as a few other spoil-sport
reasons.  But when the next vote swings around, I'm voting early and I'm
voting often.

Mark wrote:

> On first listening, it seems like Slow Graffiti is going to be
> another skyscraper of R!O!C!K!,

Someone recently mentioned how they don't like the Phil Spector-type
stuff that B&S occasionally do, and I'd just like to make a public
declaration of lust for that wall of sound, rave-up, Steve Cropper
guitar-ed stuff that they do.  And Mark's right, although "skyscraper"
may be understating it a bit.  Slow Graffiti is easily one of my
favorite B&S songs, and I can't wait to have a full, good quality
version of it that doesn't have Steve Larmararaqraq talking over the
tail end.  Thanks to that generous liquid audio portion, I now know the
first two minutes by heart.

> I really,
> really adore this band, and all who sail in her.

You'd think that, on a list fully populated by Belle and Sebastian fans,
that we wouldn't feel the need to G!U!S!H! like this, but I love it when
people do.  This one tiny little comment of Mark's makes me want to quit
my job and run home and continue on my quest to find a way to listen to
every Belle and Sebastian song at once.  I may explode, but that's a
chance I'm willing to take at this point.

A little note to "Nicky Wire" and other celebrities on the list: come up
with an alias, because we won't believe you if you write in.  That's
what I did.  I'm actually Wink Martindale, but you don't see *me* going
on about it.

~"Reid"