Sinister: Another San Francisco Bus Story

Tara Widmer TWidmer at xxx.com
Wed Nov 11 23:28:10 GMT 1998

Julie wrote about:
<<The bus driver pauses and then sings, "There's no need to be dirty,
there's no need to be dirty. . . it's a friendly bus . . . . .">>

Okay you want dirt, kids? here's some for you.  But not *that* kind of dirt,
no no no! homegirl here's got the REAL deal...we're talking *unhygienic
filth*.
How bout i tell you about the two instances, yes TWO, on the aforementioned
Muni whereupon a disgruntled passenger (not the same person each time, mind
you--- at least two separate people had the same gobsmackingly wonderful
idea!) on the late, overcrowded ride decides to vent his frustration by
pooping right there on the seat. Yeah, that's what i said, they *pooped* on
their bus seat. Well! THAT will show the bus driver who's in command! Thank
you! And the other 75 people stuck on the stuffy, poorly-ventilated and
sloooow-moving vehicle thank you also, you psychotic halfwit.

<<The most humorous thing about LA buses is that they have these adverts
inside that start out "ATTENTION HEROIN AND METH ADDICTS.>>

My favorites are the ads that say something to the effect of "Domestic
Violence is really quite a bad thing, you know" (or whatever) and it shows
the ominous shadow of a woman gettin the smack laid down on her, transposed
over the image of three moon-faced kids cowering tearfully in a corner.
It's not even a picture of real people, just a cartoon-like drawing. Maybe
this is what sends me into "sorry-I-know-it's-not
supposed-to-be-funny-but-just-LOOK-at-it!!!" giggle fits everytime i
encounter one.
Then there's what I like to call the "insult to injury" buses, which are
regular City buses covered all over the outside (windows, door, EVERYTHING)
by an ENORMOUS ad for something like, "In theatres now, the Waterboy,
starring Adam Sandler!!!" As if it's not bad enough i'm forced to use public
transit, but then to have to be a mobile advert for "That 70's Show"...
*sigh* well i supposed it's better than a poop bus.

ta,
taracita

Edina: " ANYBODY can use public transport, sweetie!"
Saffron: "I know. That's the point."