Sinister: I'm gonna love you anyhow

Jackson,John John.Jackson at xxx.com
Thu Nov 12 10:03:29 GMT 1998

Morning Sinisteroids

I, like some other people, bought the Acid House soundtrack yesterday,
not specifically for the B&S tune on it though, it's a good compilation
 I think.

Slow Graffiti is rather gorgeous though isn't it? Now that it's finally
 recorded
'properly'. I always thought it was a bit dull live and a bit of a mish
 mash when
everyone is making the racket at the end, but listening in the comfort of my
living room I felt entirely different towards it. It's got everything
 you need, quiet
bits, loud bits and it stops before it becomes too boring. Nice.

Also, got the Elliot Smith album XO after hearing the song 'Waltz no.2' on Mark
n lard the other day, I thought he was rubbish in Leeds but this album
 is fucking
brilliant and 'Waltz no.2' is one of the most beautful songs I have
 heard this year.
You've probably all already got it though. I'm a bit slow on the uptake
 you see.

AND I also bought 'Junk Culture' and 'Dazzle Ships' by OMD. The latter
 is a most
amazing album, commercial suicide you'd think...anyone one how it fared when it
came out? (1983 I think). One 'song' consists of submarine noises followed by a
klaxxon. Groovy baby groovy.

Oh dear one of my digital transmitters has just turned itself off. Cheerio.

JJ
xx