Sinister: Hey - I didn't get any votes either!

Dom 95djb2 at xxx.uk
Thu Nov 12 12:32:13 GMT 1998

Maybe all the vote-less listees should form some sort of bitter and
twisted union...or maybe I should post more so people actually know I'm on
this list.
yes, _that_ must be why I didn't get any votes. Phew avoided minor
confidence crisis :)

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, WeeJay wrote:

> Oh dear, no votes for me. lets have a look at that list again...

NO let's not, else the continuing expansion of Fluffy's ego will cause
some kind of temporal
space-time-everything-collapsing-inside-itself-no-one-really-understands-it-
kind-of-thing disaster.
You know, one of those. And Thursday lunchtimes really aren't the time for
those. more of a weekend hangover thing.

Oh go on then, but I'm abridging it:

> > 6 votes:
> > Peter Miller
> >
> > 5 votes:
> > Honey
> > Stevie Trousers
> > And some Tall Git whose name escapes me just now...
> >
> > 4 votes:
> > Genevieve Wesley
> > Magnetic Megan Lehar

Don't ask me why I cut it at four votes - it's my email and I'll do what i
want, else I'll throw a tantrum...

Apologies to anyone who might have got missed off the top, too - must be
my mail software ;)

Mercury Rev, Mercury rev, Mercury revolving constantly in my CD player - I
know it's been said before but it _is_ good :) So good in fact I didn't
bother getting out of bed this morning when it woke me up - but then it
was 7.45am and I am a student, so that's fair enough I reckon. One listen
through and I was ready to bound (read crawl) out of bed and face the
world (or at leasr a few close friends who don't laugh at me too much).

So thanks everyone for making me buy the album, being out of touch with
the real world I'd never have done it without all the recommendations :)

Right, I had loads of stuff to reply to when I got around to posting, so
here goes, starting with my favourite mails of the last, ooh I don't know
but it's been a long time:

Jamie 'fruite' McCordale's Tuesday morning extra poem was just lovely. If
I was gay I'd have had my list crush sorted straight away - but I'm not
and I don't want to start that whole sexuality thread again..unless Jamie
is actually a girl, in which case I've just made some sort of embarrassing
gaffe. Sorry.

Trousers' TURNIP FOR THE BOOKS/MUPPETRY REV post was cool - bonus points
for tongue-in-cheek use of NME-style headlines.

The travel advice actually got forwarded to my friends, but I don't think
they've appreciated it - maybe it was too long for them.

right, that's enough gushing...

Is this Brighton meet going ahead over Xmas? Sorry if it's all on the web
but I haven't checked the pages in a little while.

Oh goolies I've run out of things to say - how dull.

What a great word goolies is! Talk about nostalgia (I used to have some
once you know..) oops I meant nostalgia for the playground and all those
words you used to use, not for my goolies...

Can we do a top ten list of playground words?
Can I start can I can I please?

1. Goolies

Or you could all just ignore it in a kind of "I'm too cool for lists" way.

Haven't got any bus stories but I've got plenty of cycling ones 'cos I
have to cycle 3 miles each way through the traffic to Uni every day. Later
maybe.

Byeeeeeeeee (sound of me rushing off - I like to give the impression I'm
busy even though the length of this mail shows I'm not)
Dom