Sinister: Bus stories

Frank Yang fyang at xxx.ca
Thu Nov 12 13:54:43 GMT 1998

I've got a little bit of a bus story which is more embarressing than
anything else.
I'm out for my birthday a few years back and naturally I have more to
drink than someone who should be getting wiser as he gets older should
have to drink.  Needless to say, after, um, purging my system of all the
excess alcohol, I'm feeling pretty nasty.  Now we're in downtown Toronto
at 2AM and the only transport out of town is the Yonge St all-night bus,
truly a freak magnet (and affectionately dubbed the 'Vomit Comet').  So
yours truly staggers out of the bar and makes it onto the bus, desite
the jackhammer hangover that's decided to settle in the back of my
skull.  I actually get a seat on the bus, and promptly pass out.  I wake
up about half an hour later with my head on the shoulder of the person
next to me, a genial middle-aged gentleman with a beret and overcoat.
Seems I'd fallen asleep on my roommate's shoulder, but she'd gotten
tired of dealing with me so she shoved my over onto the guy next to me.
What a dear girl.  Anyways, this fellow was nice enough not to toss me
onto the floor of the bus for invading his personal space, and though
I'm not sure if I drooled on his coat, I did offer my slurred thanks and
apologies before stumbling off the bus hollering, "it's my birthday!".
So, that's my story about meeting people on buses.  Whee.

As for a little Sinister content, I haven't noticed anyone mention the
B&S article in the December issue of Select, with the very unfortunate
Alanis Morrissette (apologies from Canada for inflicting her on the rest
of the world) on the cover.  The dodgy cover is made up for by the free
CD (featuring Mogwai, Delgados and UNKLE, among others) and the lovely
B&S article.  I'd actually like a copy of the pencil sketch from the
first page of the article.  It's nice.  Anyways, it's a good article and
the silver PVC pants make another appearance!  Someone should take Stu
shopping...

And I'd like to cast a late list crush vote for everyone who didn't get
a vote.  This is the nicest mailing list I've ever been on, and I'm sure
you're all wonderful wonderful people.  And I'm not just saying that.

I now return to my regularly scheduled lurking routine.  Good day.

--
Frank Yang
"I hope he tells us to burn our pants.  These things are killing me."

In my CD player:  Stereophonics - Word Gets Around