Sinister: Travis Bickle was a bus driver?

Aranzazu Sanz-Garcia pcxas at xxx.uk
Thu Nov 12 15:35:25 GMT 1998

My contribution to the bus stories didn't happen to myself, but to my best
friend, so though it is a bit umbelievable, I believed her when she told
me and so will you...

One Friday night my friend,Olga, got the 17 in Madrid to go back home.The
driver was suspiciously too young and ummm, interesting,I think according
to her version.He didn't look a serious bus driver, and he looked even
less serious when he asked my friend if she knew the bus 17 route well
enough.She lives just by the last stop and gets the bus every night out,
so she is quite an expert, but was quite astonished when the bus driver
asked her about it!

At first she thought it was a TV show or he was an amateur bus driver,
someone who had always wished secretly to drive one ...etc, but the truth
was simpler and more boring : he just had to substitute someone who felt
sick, and had no clue about the way he had to take,but he just had to do
it once because it was the last service that night.

So,our kind Olga helped him doing her best as guide, and when they arrived
sucessfully at the last stop , the left passengers clapped and cheered
both of them,my friend and the driver,as they managed to drive them home
carefully and in time.Then , the driver invited my friend to have a bus
drive wherever she wanted to,and to share breakfast with him, and she
accepted. But it was not the beginning of any romance, sorry for this
end of the story!

Arantxa