Sinister: Paragraph one = Nick Drake

Jessica Murphy jmurphy at xxx.Edu
Thu Nov 12 16:52:49 GMT 1998

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, WeeJay wrote:

> But the point of this was... After none of you offered to do me a
> Nick Drake tape I set out to look in the proper shops. They all
> seem to have the same four albums, including one calling itself an
> introduction or something, with 'blue' in the title. Anyway, I forget
> which the others were, but the same 4 kept coming up and at 8.99
> I can only afford one to start off with, so which would you lot
> reccomend...?

I haven't heard that introductory "blue" album, but I know the other
three, and I didn't answer this question the first time you asked it,
either... because it's a very very hard choice.  More difficult than our
ongoing "Sinister"/"Arab Strap" dilemma, even, because there isn't as much
of a shift between Nick Drake's albums.

I might give a tiny edge of personal preference to "Five Leaves Left,"
from 1969.  But I really don't think you could go wrong with "Pink Moon"
or Bryter Layter" either.  Maybe someone else will cast a more foreceful
vote, sorry...

jessica m