Sinister: Nick Drake

Iangstl at xxx.com Iangstl at xxx.com
Thu Nov 12 22:08:01 GMT 1998

I would definitely recommend Five Leaves Left for an intro.  Even Time of No
Reply is great, well all of drake is great, but was posthumously released
stuff.  I am suffering through the Drake bio right now.  I say suffering since
it seems to have taken me close to 70 pages to get through the tales of the
happy Nick that was into athletics at posh boys schools to his black clothing
clad, hash smoking Cambridge skipping days that seem to have inspired his
music more.  I understand the book is a very good read; I just have to get
beyond the british boys school stuff that I have never understood.

I have no bus stories since the only time I have spent away from the Motor
City, where everyone drives their living, I had to rely on my own two feet for
transport in college.  However, once I was pulled over by the cops after
drinking many rusty nails.  My friend and I was walking at the time, or was
that stumbling.  The gentle policemen even put on their sirens and lights to
impress us as they blocked our path.  I had to tell them the directions to my
destination and assume responsibility for my friend that was propped on my
arm, before he would let us stumble away.  So much for cops being there to
protect and serve; he could have at least offered us a ride home.

- dawn
(who is fairly certain I am the only one with the following in her player)
NP - Can's Monster Movie