Sinister: In Love

Blur245 at xxx.com Blur245 at xxx.com
Thu Nov 12 22:25:52 GMT 1998

Hi Fellow Listees.
      Well I know you are probably all sick of hearing stories of the shows
but I had to share mine.I saw B&S in Athens after driving 7hours from
Orlando,FL.We stayed in the Scottish Inns outside of Athens(How unusal).We got
to the 40 Watt around 5pm to meet some friends at The Engine Room.Instead we
met Richard and Neil from B&S and sat down and talked with them.They shared
stories about the tour and upcoming singles and The Acid House movie and the
scene in which their song is used.They also said they wanted to move to Athens
as they loved it there.We ended the conversation discussing about drinking
before the show and having a few pints with them,even coning them to stay the
night and wait till the next day for D.C.
     Anyway we went to Wuxtry where I got a cool Sarah records comp and the
first Adorable CD.We went back to bar and had a few more pints(I start to
slur).We make a pact to kidnap the band for a drinking spree before the
show,only to see Isoand Stuart wisked by other indviduals.We then decide to go
buy are shirts before they sell out(I bought the Tigermilk one).We go back to
the car and put the shirts in and go have one more drink before B&S hit the
stage.
     The 40 watt is a pretty cool venue and packed to capacity.We mingle are
way up front and secure are positions,tension was in the air.Out comes Isobell
and the crowd erupts.The set was really good the new stuff especially.I had
problems with the idiot who screamed "Lazy Line"over and over again(Set list
do not allow requests) and the girl who requested "Beautiful" only to have it
played and talk all the way through it.The show ended apbruptly after 65
minute set,which left many unhappy.
     We waited around outside with me losing my ride only to find out they
went back in.In I go and there standing in front of me a beautiful sight
Isobell(love).I walked up and said hello she looked at me and said hello
back.I asked her how her health was and she told me about her flight over here
and all about school(15 minute conversation)I even started to call her Izzy as
she seemed to like it.She signed my shirt and got Stuart and Chris to
sign,telling each of the will you sign this for Simon.After a 30 minute
backstage experience they were of I walked her to the bus wishing her good
luck.I then said to Richard and said we were on our way(The bars close at 2am
it was 2.30am)So on our way back to our rooms for an evening of rest.
     I was wandering did anyone take some good photos at the show?