Sinister: come on feel the noize

sad tomato oxygen at xxx.edu
Thu Nov 12 22:34:25 GMT 1998

hey all you berkeley sinister listers....where were you???  i wore my
brand-spanking new study at stow shirt yesterday, and not a single person
walked up and threw their arms around me, nor did anyone even stare at me
strangely.  let's make a deal where every time you see someone in a B&S
shirt you walk up and introduce yourself.

by the way, speaking of excellent music, everyone should got out and give a
listen to joan baez.  only her earlier stuff.  i highly recommend "THE FIRST
TEN YEARS" album, if only for the joy that is "sweet sir galahad."  plus you
get lots of other great songs, and it is a friendly introduction to the
sweet-voiced old folkie. you can find it very cheaply on vinyl used, which
is a boon to the poorer among us.  why joan baez?  well, for me it is
nostalgia of a sort....reminds me of my childhood, my parents were folkies,
you see.  the music is very sincere, there are a number of fabulous protest
songs, and she sings some bob dylan songs.  this is good, because dylan is
an excellent songwriter, but he cant sing worth crap.  it is good to give
his songs to others.  her music is very laid-back and smooth, yet filled
with emotion.  her voice is clear and calm.

well, that is all i can think of to say.
bye.
robin.

am i talking too fast
or are you just playing dumb