Sinister: B&S fashion wear

Jessica Gockley jgockley at xxx.edu
Thu Nov 12 22:54:58 GMT 1998

the sad tomato suggested:
>let's make a deal where every time you see someone in a B&S
>shirt you walk up and introduce yourself.

If i ever saw someone wearing a Belle and Sebastian t-shirt, i would
probably cover them with hugs and kisses just out of the excitement of
finally chancing upon someone who found Belle and Sebastian fashionable.

Actually, i'd probably be too shy, but i'd for SURE say hello and
compliment them on their shirt. Maybe if they sent properly reassuring
signals, i'd cover them with hugs and kisses after i finished my awkward
introduction.

Every time i wear my Study at Stow t-shirt (which, in fact, Goon, is a
little bit too big for me, so it's a good thing i got that M and not a L!),
i feel this overwhelming sense of potentiality. At any minute my ordinary
day could turn extraordinary as someone stops me on the street and covers
me with hugs and kisses. Unfortunately, though, it never happens, and i
keep having people ask me, "Study at Stow, what's that?" One friend of mine
who is acquainted with B&S thought "Study at Stow With Belle And Sebastian"
was a tour shirt and that B&S was supposed to have opened for a band called
Study at Stow in Philadelphia. Then i feel somewhat obsessive when i have
to give the history of Tigermilk and Electric Honey Records in order to
explain what, up until then, had been an excitingly cute shirt.

That didn't stop me from wearing my Study at Stow shirt three days in a row
the other weekend. (Don't look at me like that! I wore it on top of a
different long-sleeved shirt each time, and i always smelled it to make
sure it was clean! Oh pish, you'd do the same thing if YOU had a brand-new
baby-blue Study at Stow t-shirt, too, admit it.)

Love,
Jessica Foxinasnow

"The world is a wonderful place to be born into if you don't mind happiness
not always being so very much fun, if you don't mind a touch of hell now
and then just when everything is fine" - Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Jessica Gockley | Box 326 Eastern College | 1300 Eagle Road |
St Davids, PA 19087 | 610-225-5403