Sinister: B&S here in Australia?

Kin Woo travelling_light at xxx.com
Fri Nov 13 11:14:25 GMT 1998

Hey sinisterines:)
My exams are over HUZZAH! Now it's time for three months of summer (as
it is
over here in Australia) No I hope I won't spent the whole "summer
wasting" just a teensy part of it:)
but down to important business, Perth, Western Australia has been slowly
been rising in recognition by the alternative/indie scene and finally
after a years of a drought of decent bands we're finally getting bands
like Radiohead, Portishead, Teenage Fanclub and Beasties!
And for all those Cat Power fans out there, she's coming HERE! to the
Mudslinger festival!!!
Which is practically on my doorstep!!! I couldn't be happier. Everyone's
rantings about the lovely Cat Power have intrigued me so much I can't
wait to hear her.
Dear listees, I have written to David Kitchen TWICE already and though I
know it's a terribly ridiculous thought
only to be entertained by foolish dreamers like moi, I would like to
know about the very very remote
possibility of the magnificent B&S gracing our shores. Yeah i know,
pretty silly idea huh? but a boy can dream
And I would like an answer either from David or the wonderful Katrina
about this.
Even if it is "no, don't be silly" but an answer would be appreciated.
B&S are most definitely growing in popularity over here
due to frequent airplay on the alternative radio shows and buzzes from
London and various mags.
So B&S if you're reading this (or Katrina and David for that matter)
don't ignore your SOuthern Hemisphere constituency! I'm sure there are a
few aussie fans on the B&S mailing list who would wish for it like moi!
anyone feel free to write to moi (esp those in the know!) seeya later
lovelies Kin Woo
With A Star Upon Your Shoulder
Lighting Up The Path As You Walk