Sinister: bus stories

Sam Norman snorman at xxx.uk
Fri Nov 13 13:57:05 GMT 1998

a vey short bus story. this morning whilst i was the 358 on the way to
the station, i decided that i would do somethng totally out of character.
i waited until the drivers change and the garage at green st green (i
don't know why i told you that as i doubt anyone knows where green st.
green is) i pulled out of my back pocket, wait for it, a wad of salako
stickers thye lovely katrina and david had given me at last nights gig. i
then finally managed to pluck up the courage to stick on the back of the
seat, for everyone to see.

B&S content: well it's more of a train story i suppose but after getting
of the bus and getting the train to the smoke i was sat on the train next
to a newe mother and her baby. well after about twenty minutes the baby
being quiet the whole tome me listening to b&s on my walkman the woman
tapped me on the sholder and said, "i'm terribly sorry, but i need to go
to the toilet and i don't want to take my baby in there because there
usually filthy so would you look after him?" a bit peturb i agreed - why
choose me do i look as if i know one end from a baby to another. so the
mother sat the baby on my lap.

immediatley the baby started to cry. for his mother had abondoned him
with some stranger with a red fleece. everyone on the train then looked
round as if i was abusing this child so recently left in my care.

then a thought occured to me. my walkman still playing. the lovely isobel
and her sweet harmonies singing is it wicked? so i decided that i would
sing along to it to the baby. immediatly the baby stopped crying and now
i guess is b&s's youngest fan.

the mother still hasn't returned and the baby is now sitting on the
workbench here as i type at uni. (a lie -  but it makes a rather sweet
ending to the story i thought).

bye