Sinister: <insert amusing subject line here>

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Fri Nov 13 17:09:20 GMT 1998

Well, first things first, Salako were excellent last night. Even if we
did miss the first 3 songs because we stopped off for some chips on the
way from the Poetry Cafe. I had my doubts, I must admit, for such a new
band, but they pulled it off really well. The audience seemed really into
it as well, unusually for a London gig.

And I saw a fox afterwards. It wasn't snowing though.

On apparently a more important note to many people, by popular demand the
crush vote is still open. I'll post an updated table sometime in the
not-too-distant future, so if there is anyone on the list you have a crush
on and you haven't told me yet, do it now! And just so that Sarah doesn't
get too bigheaded, she may be on 8 votes but there are now 4 people on 7
votes... (And no, no matter how many times any of you ask me I'm not
telling who voted for you! If you think you might know, try emailing them
personally about something else and let the conversation progress...)

Currently in my stereo are a couple of albums I bought yesterday after
recommendations from the list - Mercury Rev's "Deserters Songs" which I
really like, in a like-Spiritualised-but-better-tunes way, and the Field
Mice compilation. I've only listened to the first CD of that so far, and
there are a few very good songs on it - I prefer the later songs (with
the female vocals) at first listen, rather than the more New-Order type
early songs.

Oh, and I don't remember anyone mentioning this yet - in last week's NME
onew of the letters notes a similarity between the last minute and a half
of "Rollercoaster Ride" and the end of Kraftwerk's "Neon Lights". Not that
I've ever heard the latter, but never mind.

I've decided that as of tomorrow I'm giving up alcohol, at least until the
end of the month. I reckon I've got through more than 100 units in the
last week, my body (and my wallet) needs a rest...

Yours soberly,
Big Stu