Sinister: I know my way down the side streets now/videos...

Mick McMick bp224996 at xxx.edu
Fri Nov 13 20:51:33 GMT 1998

Hello List,
	I'm sort of enjoying writing numerous posts to the list. I hope Hunny
is pleased rather than displeased. I like saying Hunny instead of Honey.
It sounds so much like Mummy, you see. I mean the female parental-type
ones, not the ones wrapped in bandages. The other day I wrote on our
dry-erase board "Hunny Nut Cheerios." I think it may be catching. Oh
dear...

the lovely Reid pens: (it's still not to late to vote if you think I've
been slighted, you know, Reid =)
> I think we should be all-out B&S snobs and just start referring
> to the releases by their predominant color scheme.  Or maybe not...we'd
> get confused between Sinister and LLPJ and what the hell color is
> Tigermilk?!

	Well, Sinister is red and LLPJ is purple, of course! Tigermilk
is...erm...just Tigermilk. It's title short, so no need to give it a
chromatic moniker. So we go Tigermilk, the red one, the yellow one, the
purple one, the silver(!) one, the green one, and now the orange one.
They're running low on colors, I should imagine. Still a few good ones
left: the blue one, the gold one, the sky-blue one, the chartreuse one,
the perriwinkle one, etc.

Carmen with a "c" writes:
> You know what I don't understand?  Why is it that every time I check
> my mail, I have 175 emails all from the Sinister Belle
> and Sebastian fan club list, and usually none of them have anything to > do with Belle and Sebastian.  Why is this?  I end up
> not even reading most of them because I know that if one is about
> Belle and Sebastian, it's about how Stuart Murdoch and
> Isobel might be a couple--who cares?  I don't think either of them
> enjoy your assumptions of their relationship.  Try
> keeping on the topic, please.

	It was with effort that I restrained myself from being mean towards
both this person and "Nicky Wire." Anyway, no one has pointed out the
news list. I forget the exact phrasing of the name of it. Anyway, I
refer to the list which you can subscribe to for B&S news, and B&S news
only. Wasn't it established for people who disliked the off-topic
discussion? Info's on the Jeepster site, I believe.
	I am tempted to use the word pastiche in a sentence, but I can't really
think of how to. Oh well. I again have a twee job this Christmas. Very
Christmas-y as well. I will be photographing small children with "Santa
Claus" (you can bet his address is at HotMail) 60 hours a week. Oh
dear... But I've managed to capture two essential elements of B&S -
photography and children. The only job I think that would beat mine
would be a children's librarian. I used to work at a children's museum.
I think their next song should be about a boy who daydreams by the sunny
window, while children frolic and learn about him.
	Yesterday I had a rather interesting escapade. My friend Matt and I
were driving to take a video game back to the video store. It was due at
the mid of night, we left at 11:55, etc. So I was tearing up the
cobblestone streets of Athens, when Matty boy noticed a police car
turning 'round so as to follow us, pull me over, and give me a ticket.
Bastard. What's he thinking? Don't cops realize that laws don't apply
when one is worried about turning a video in on time? Well we're within
site of the video store, a couple minutes 'til midnight, and Matt says
frantically for me to turn onto a dark side street. So there I go,
rocketing down darkened side streets, hurtling past cotes and cars, Matt
shouting quick directions "turn here," etc. Matt offered to pay my late
fee, but advised me not to go back to the store. It would have been late
anyway.
	I still haven't taken my game back. I fear retribution. But not from
you lot. I doubt the cop was on this list =D  B&S haven't written any
songs about cops, have they? Come to think of it, Stuart M's songs (for
Stevie, Isobel & Stuart D's songs don't seem to be about people's
occupations as much) seem focused on daydreamers, students,
photographers, bussinesspeople, artists, members of Arab Strap, Line
Painters(?), long- and Middle-Distance Runners, assorted Stars of Track
and Field, authors, the sick, the blind, the users of medicinal drugs,
and of course, children. An interesting mish-mash if you ask me.
	Here's a question: will the new EP have some accompanying writing a la
every release other than TWATTYBUS? Hm.... Oh, and I have a question
about the vids. The "Is It Wicked Not to Care" video seemed rather nice,
but the RealVideo thing kept messing it up. How many videos are there,
in all? I recall something about videos for the previous EPs, as well as
one for Modern Rock Song forthcoming. Is there anyone in England or
Europe who would be nice enough to make me a NTSC video of these? Or
capable of? I have many sparkly and wondrous recordings to proffer up in
trade.
	Well, it's so very late in the day, and me without my shower. Where is
my mind. Way out in the water, eveidently. See it spinning? Must go now,
give my best to the twins, and a kiss for mother.

 /"\_/"\_/"\   Mick McMick - bp224995 at oak.cats.ohiou.edu - ICQ#5056758
 \         /   Sandcastle Records - (same e-mail for now)