Sinister: Bay Area Clubs? (no B&S)

S. M. O. sabin_o at xxx.com
Fri Nov 13 21:02:58 GMT 1998

There are quite a few good clubs in San Francisco, but not the "the bay
area" so to speak.  On Thursday nights there is Popscene (18 +)at 330
Ritch St in South Of Market Area.  They play "brit-pop", indie, Mod, New
Wave, and sixties.  About a month back they had a Belle & Sebastian CD
Giveaway party.  Starting at about 10, i think( I didnt get there till
10.30) we got to be seranaded by the entire The Boy With The Arab Strap
album.  What fun....

Lately, though, my friends and I have been defecting to 1984(also on
Thursdays, 21+ no cover charge!) which is at the Cats Alley on Folsom
Street.  They play the best 80's music you could imagine.

There are a few other clubs around, one I havent been to, but my friends
has, is called Sixxteen(21+).  Its on Sundays at the DNA Lounge I
believe.  Its advertised as a "rock'n roll" club.  They play lots of
60's - 80's(90's maybe??) music I think.  I got handed a flyer at 1984
last night for it because I guess I looked cool enough(just kidding!).
I have University at 9 am on Mondays so  can never really make it to
this one.

Another club Ive wanted to check out is Bardot-A-Go-Go which is sixties
French Pop and what not....

And another club I have yet to go to is Darling which is like a more
exclusive Popscene scene (its 21+) and theres less indie-Britpop and
more 60's/70's....

That is the extent of my knowlegde at present....