Sinister: No 1. in heaven.

Rory Mackie babyblu at xxx.uk
Sat Nov 14 12:59:34 GMT 1998

...I'll be
> interested to actually hear all of the EP version of Modern Rock song,
> since the lyric sheet on the website says, "I'm only lucid when I'm
> writing songs" rather than "I'm only lucid when I'm riding buses".  If
> he sings it that way, I know someone who will be very, very
> disappointed.

 Oh. My. God. I heard the new EP last night thanks to lovely David and
Katrina (Happy Birthday!) and it is just the most amazing, warm,gorgeous
collection of songs I've come across in years! Anyone slightly
dissapointed by Twattybus will be thrilled and relieved and fall in love
all over again. The version of Modern Rock Song is just lush, completely
realising the songs potential and the second track (forgotten the name,
sorry) is possibly the most Nick Drake yet, very similar to Northern
Skies, a *huge* compliment BTW, with a soupcon of 'tangled up in blue'
era Dylan thrown in for good measure. Lovely, lovely, lovely. *sigh* I
don't remember if the lyrics have been fiddled about with though as I
was too busy curling up into a little ball of bliss and rolling around
on the carpet.

 Funkyseb got a letter complaining about the abolition of Routemaster
buses printed in the Evening standard. Just *how* B&S is that?  Bastard.