Sinister: Lots of musicy stuff.

MATTHEW WIMBURY m.wimbury at xxx.uk
Sun Nov 15 12:28:03 GMT 1998

Hi all..
	I've not posted for a good while and hey, may not again for
another good while, but here's my monthly update of urgently exciting
things. Firstly, overdue thanks to Kevan (again) for the Tindersticks
tapes and his magnificent tape tree one, and Philippe for the Felt one.
	I have been reading most posts over the last few weeks though
when i get a bit busy i have to skip some and so only go to ones with
interesting titles. This means looking at stuff about B+S and Nick Drake
and other musicy things and missing out blasted arsing bus stories, but
never mind. I'm sure they're really interesting. I was interested to
read big boss bloke's post about what people send in. I must admit i
seem to be one of those boring people who only want to discuss lovely
music and b+s music in particular.....but i shouldn't complain if people
want to talk about buses really should i because I don't HAVE to read
it.
	About Nick Drake (yes sorry i know it was days and days ago but
I've had my girlfriend visiting and she does get bored if i sit around
reading and posting to sinister all the time and ignoring her!) you
can't go wrong with any of the albums, but there are bigger differences
between them than people say. I think the Way To Blue intro is a
brilliant way to get into him as it takes a bit from each album. As the
first album Five Leaves Left is a good, though I'm not sure I'd start
with Pink Moon, even though it's my favourite, as i think its easier to
get into his earlier stuff rather than this stark depressed acoustic
album. Time Of No Reply, being a hotch potch of stuff written throughout
his career, would be a good if odd place to start too, and contains
my fave Drake song, Clothes Of Sand.
	Finally...I have a couple of requests. Firstly, could some kind
person mail me and tell me about the Pastels, brief history and
discography etc...and could someone please copy me the Kid Loco album???
Pretty please??? Well that's enough from me for now.

Matt

PS Can't wait for the new single even though Id have preferred Middle
Distance Runner to be a single instead.

"boo to the business world"