Sinister: I know my way down the side streets now/videos...

Reid Dossinger reid.dossinger at xxx.com
Sat Nov 14 15:07:48 GMT 1998

Mick puts me in my place
> Well, Sinister is red and LLPJ is purple, of course!

My, GOD he's right!  That's what I get for writing shit like that at
work, where I don't (usually) keep the Belle and Sebastian catalog at
hand.  Well, good.  That means B&S snobbery is now in full effect.
Would someone who's lucky enough to have the Tigermilk LP call the album
cover "gray" or what?

> Come to think of it, Stuart M's songs (for
> Stevie, Isobel & Stuart D's songs don't seem to be about people's
> occupations as much) seem focused on daydreamers, students,
> photographers, bussinesspeople, artists, members of Arab Strap, Line
> Painters(?), long- and Middle-Distance Runners, assorted Stars of Track
> and Field, authors, the sick, the blind, the users of medicinal drugs,
> and of course, children.

My good friend Laurie (my co-star in "Embarrassment on the Streets of
Athens") is a living, breathing Stuart Murdoch lyric.  By night, she
loves the night life, she loves to boogie, big pockets for the
pharmaceuticals, etc., but by day, she's an elderly care-giver at a home
for alzheimer's patients.  Plus, a billion and one tragic romances and
even more interesting tragic flings. If Stuart's subject well ever
starts drying up, I've got her number.

And this whole line painting thing is a total mystery...

That's all, I swear...

~Reid