Sinister: Monday poem

Archel rap101 at xxx.uk
Mon Nov 16 12:18:45 GMT 1998

Hi listerines,

Well, there were several contenders but in view of a recent list thread
they were all seen off by this outsider, by "popular rock poet" of the 80s
Steve Turner. Where is he now? Anyway, it's relevant if not technically
brilliant (and I kind of relate to the last 4 lines). Sorry it's not one
of mine Adrian but I thought it would be just a little egotistical. Oh,
and I bequeath the duty to the Little Blond One, Mark Casarotto, for next
week.

To Those I Will Never Meet

She
sits over there
on the bus
on the train
on the tube.
She
makes reading
the Standard
a difficult task.
She
is aware that I am
reading between the lines
and far beyond the margins.
She
adjusts herself
for better presentation.
I gain an interest
in No Smoking signs
and obscure shadows
in the window.
Obstructing the doors
causes delay and can
be dangerous.
A station foreman
can earn up to £X.40
-more with overtime.
She
notices my noticing.
I give her profile left
-a good one.
My attitude - disinterested,
harder to catch than
mostmen.
Do you? How far have?
What is your? Have you
...ever wished
introductions weren't needed?
Our gazes meet like
billiard balls...that fall
into opposite pockets.
The best jobs are always
to be found in
the Evening News.
Wimbledon got off
to a good start.
A girl on the tube
on the train
on the bus
got off at Golders Green.
She left me wondering,
whether I left her wondering,
a poem like this,
about me.

Steve Turner

Hope you liked it.

Blessings and salutations, Archelita xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rachel Playforth
rap101 at york.ac.uk
http://members.tripod.com/~RPlayforth/welcome.htm