Sinister: re: lotsa stuff

Evan Gregg evanbear at xxx.com
Mon Nov 16 20:12:57 GMT 1998

ok replies ive been meaning to send consolidated into one post:
most of these are for old topics but oh well im lazy

i dress dreadfully normal except for my hat and my excess of hair, just
jeans and t-shirts (t-shirts like b&s, rachel's, dirty three, mark
eitzel, blue mountain, scud mtn boys, hayden, and other music people)
oh and i spose my long black coat is a bit out of the ordinary and i
wear a blue fuzzy (not feel me fuck me fuzzy but wool fleece fuzzy)
shirt most every day
so thats my un B&Sish fashion dunno why i mentioned it but figured i
might as well

underrated bands: Vulgar Boatmen almost anyone on here would like them
save for any twangaphobes
their being underated is mostly due to major obscurity and being too
nice for rockers, too old and maybe too country for indie, and too
rockin for folk, they get jerked around by labels a bit
their album You And Your Sister is a complete classic, including a song
called "Margaret Says" about a pretnetious girl "with her hat on her
head tilted over her eyes" who uses big words "says a word i dont know
right away, she says its hard to pronounce but easy to say" to which the
guy says:
"and i tell margaret bow bow bow badadum bow bow bow"
i love that song
the whole album is amazing, esp when in one song the singer starts
clapping by himself while everyone else plays, doenst sound like
produced indie pop clapping (that like too) its just one guy getting
into it has a living room or other intimate setting feel to it, perfect
driving/bus/etc music

bus stuff: i have a couple bus stories but nothing especially exciting
except maybe spending the night at the bus stop after a
supersuckers/pansy division show but that wasnt particularly noteworhty
either
however I just bought the Minders album (ALL HAIL ELEPHANT 6
ahem...sorry) called Hooray For Tuesday, another great collection of
60's type indie pop from the elephant 6 collective, one song called Big
Red Bus is very cool and seemed applicable for obvious reasons
i didnt read all the bus posts so if someone mentioned this already i
apologize
i think thats it
----Ev
--