Sinister: Monday poem - coming over all pre-emptive

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Tue Nov 17 12:29:52 GMT 1998

Hi my lovers (cheers to Lesley for the chance to increase the notches on my
bedpost by 80,000%),

I have been trying to figure out what fine verse to send you all, and then I
read Marco's posting. Sorry sorry sorry for being patronising, but what a
beautiful way of manipulating the English language.

"i am 24 and i only now i have discover the GUINNES.
I love this black beer , the froth of it is like a cream.
So now i have another vice , but a beautiful vice , in addition to
cigarettes, wine and black candle.
Thank you to the man that have made this mellow-beer."

As this has already been posted, it obviously can't count, but I think
you'll all agree it more than merited being repeated.

Anyway...I think it may be time to try and repeat the success (well, it was,
despite the overwhelming presence of Y chromosomes) of Rory's indoor picnic.
The thing is, we need a venue...so this is a plea to anyone in the London
area who could tolerate having 20 or 30 really rather polite and considerate
listees drinking in your living room and butchering "Le Pastie..." after a
bottle or three of Bulgarian red, and cake. We're all lovely, we'd help
clear up, and out music taste issecond to none. And you'd be bound to get
lots of list crushes out of it...I'm more than happy to do any arranging
that may have to be done, putting it up on David's site an' all. Also, if
any listees are coming into town any time soon and feel that they should
have a party thrown especially in their honour, well, this is the ideal
opportunity. Mail me privately if anyone's interested!

No B&S dreams lately - I did have a rather saucy one about someone familiar
to some of you, but I'm most definitely not going into that one, and another
where my dad, looking shaken, told me he'd banned all homosexuals from the
house. What was *that* all about...This was immediately after I'd woken up
with a strat (a start actually, but this makes me sound like a rock mutha,
so it stays), sat straight up and cried "Get up everyone! A plane's about to
land on the roof, we have to get out now!!!", and then feeling really conned
that it was just a figment of my imagination.

I've just checked out Lesley's lovely photeys, and I can see quite why
Miller Minor is quite so smitten - that tiger cap really does do it for ms
Campbell, n'est-ce pas?

Well, I've managed to say nothing again, but I just want to say "yo" to the
lovely Lorraine, whose eloquent defense of Slowdive made me feel ashamed for
my abandoning of my Chapterhouse and Revolver-ridden past. I do still like
My Bloody Valentine <small voice>, honest, Lorraine...

Peter Miller is much funnier than me,
Markx