Sinister: Imaginary riders

Aranzazu Sanz-Garcia pcxas at xxx.uk
Tue Nov 17 13:14:37 GMT 1998

Dear list :

I never had an imaginary horse as Genevieve, or any other pet,but as many
other children in the world , quite likely being spoilt and lonely only
children as myself, I had an imaginary friend who stayed friens with me
since I was three till I was five or so...

The funny thing is he , whose name was Looky, spoke in English and he
lived very far from me...obviously I could not speak English at all when I
was three as I am from Madrid and my parents are both Spanish.I used to
pick up the phone and talked to him in my invented English, something as
gla gli gli and so.I think I suffered from some severe Anglophilia when
I was a kid, as I used to try to sing in English too, probably inherited
by the big fan of the Kinks and the Small Faces my dad was and is, who has
not clue of English but tries to make his best humming 'All day, all day
...etc'

I know all this stuff about imaginary friends /pets is not very much of
B&S content , but it sounds as very of them at the same time.Perhaps we
could inspire some songlyrics...

Arantxa