Sinister: HAVE A BANANA!!!!!

Gary Done gary at xxx.uk
Tue Nov 17 18:18:47 GMT 1998

Mike wrote....

In a message dated 11/16/98 10:07:24 AM, Seamus wrote:

<<the nov 2 show was marvellous, though to be perfectly
honest, i thought that eugene kelley was no good at all, which is a shame as
the vaselines were ace.  especially the split live cassette they did with
beat happening.  >>

wait wait - what was Eugene Kelley doing at this show? was he performing as
support or is he playing with B&S or what? is it Eugenius or just Eugene or
did he revive Captain America?

Eugenius were Captain America, they just had to change the name after a
nasty letter from Marvel Comics, or which ever one CA appeared in.

also whatever happened to Francis from Vaselines, i still love that band.
Although the split live tape with Beat Happening is ace, i think Vaselines
were really good in '86-'87, better than in '88 - their Port Talbot, Raffles
show is really excellent even if it is only like 30 minutes.

YAY! At last I have found something I can tell you all about, I bet Weejay
beats me too it though. This was recently posted on the Chemikal Underground
mail list.

"From: Stuart McHugh <smchugh at xxx.COM>

Since this is the place to discuss all manner of Scottish music, thought
I'd tell you about Suckle, who are the new vehicle for Frances McKee,
on-time Vaseline (you remember the Nirvana cover versions, surely?)
Suckle's the new band ayway, Frances has been quite far-removed from music
for a few years since the Vaselines broke up, but the new stuff is pretty
good - there should be a new lp out in the new year. For now there's a 12"
single under the name of Mount Vernon, which includes a version of a
Painkillers (previous band) song "Lost in Space" which is pretty amazing,
kind of tripy feel to it, odd lyrics, great vocals. Well, I think so
anyway. I think you can get it in Glasgow shops, or maybe by mail order.
(ask for details if necessary)."

TELLYTUBBY BY BYES

EL Hombre Del Mullet