Sinister: ooh, watch it

Carmen Carmen at xxx.us
Tue Nov 17 19:57:01 GMT 1998

As sent to Alix Campbell:

I wasn't telling anyone what to write or what not to write.  I tried to make it as nice as possible.  I was just trying to give my opinion.  You don't have to like what I say; that's your opinion.  I like to let the world know what I think, and I think it's not so great to hear about assumed relationships and lifestyles of band members, or what some person who likes B&S had for breakfast--that was all I was saying.  You said, "The point is, the lives and opinions of the listees are frequently more interesting and funny than staying on topic," and that only proves my point of 'opinion.'  But the topic (B&S) is quite interesting, in my opinion, and if you don't think so, than I ask you, 'Why are you on this list?'  I'm on this list because I would like to know the band's developments, accomplishments, and what their fans think about these things.  So much is happening with the band right now that there should be plenty to talk about.  I don't believe that I was being patronizing; I was trying to be as polite as possible about the situation.  And who needs virtual cyber friends anyway?  If you can't make friends with living, breathing people in the flesh, then you have problems.  I enjoy communicating with fellow B&S fans, but I don't think a good, meaningful friendship could possibly be made through typing simple words.  I'm interested in people's opioins and ideas and what is happening with the band Belle and Sebastian and maybe some similar bands, and that is why I am on this list, and that's what I thought this list was about.

...CARMEN...