Sinister: *SIGH* Read or pestilence and sores will follow

Honey honey at xxx.net
Tue Nov 17 23:02:46 GMT 1998

The luscious M* Laurel spoke truthfully when she said:

"MRS. Honey? i believe you meant MIZ.  a true tart never divulges her
marital status."

Implying that no-one's made an honest Honey of me, which is very
true.  Well this Miz Honey's in a mood because I just told you all how
to behave, ooo, was it two days ago?  And specifically, that no-one
should be discussing ON the list WHAT the list is about.

/me puts my hands on my hips.

Look it's very simple.  I'm the only one who's allowed to discuss
list content.  The reason's straightforward: if anyone else does then
the list disappears up its own backside and stops being about
anything else but itself.  This is a classic rule of mailing lists
and you should know this by now; the only person who knows anything
about nice backsides is the very fragrant and dazzling Mark C.
Please everyone who's posting yes or nos about what it's about please
think for one second how completely self-defeating it is.  All the
information on list content is in the FAQ, and is not the subject of
on-list debate, go and have a little think the few who are doing it.

This is the last warning, anyone else prolonging this very tedious
game of ping-pong will be unceremoniously cut off without a penny.
If you want to do it there are plenty of other mailing lists where it
is tolerated, nay, encouraged but they aren't here.  No more please
and no more discussing about whether there should be any more, or
indeed whether we should be discussing that.  Oh indeed saying
sorry.  Send a cheery mail about B&S related smut instead or
something, and your soul will be redeemed.

A few points of order and then I will go:

 o  It is certainly bad etiquette, and almost certainly technically
    *illegal* to forward private mails to a mailing list.  The copyright
    of an email remains with the originator.  And besides we don't need
    to know about alleged insulting behaviour behind our backs - you can
    be rude to each other for hours off Sinister, because I'm not the
    form monitor in your life, it's just I won't have it on Sinister,
    because it's boring for the rest of us.

 o  On a more personal note it's also staggeringly untrue in personal
    experience that "good meaningful relationships" can't come through
    words, i.e. mailing lists.  I'm thrilled to say I've found some of
    the closest and sweetest yummiest friends I've ever had through this
    humble list, and I suspect I will know some of them all my life if I
    behave.  I also know of a number of serious relationships going well
    into double figures that have happened through Sinister.  So watch
    out!  You never know what might happen.

OK, I admit it, for once this email might have been directed at a few
people, but let me assure you it's not just one, and please don't
feel victimised, I'm just putting the house in order.  And that
everyone's still welcome on this list, and that if you send me
personal mail on this, I probably won't be able to reply for ages,
and please don't assume I'm therefore in a mood, email is tricky for
me to keep up with just now, that's all.  And therefore the
possibility of the Vengeance of the Lord being swift and unforgiving
if this isn't heeded is therefore relatively high, compared to, say,
the possibility of me going for a jog tomorrow.

But NO MORE on this please.  This is Year Zero.

Thank you,
tarty ms honey

P.S. Who was that at the back who just said "I like your earlier,
funny mails"?