Sinister: Why video boots are illegal & other sorrid topix

Brier Random brier at xxx.com
Wed Nov 18 02:07:49 GMT 1998

Seems to me that the reasons bootlegging videos could be wrong are:
1. The band (or Jeepster probably) paid money to make them, and why should a
business pay to make something, then have it distributed for free?  Just
like albums, that would be ridiculous.
2. The band makes their money back by getting paid by MTV & other stations
for the right to play them.  If everyone had them on bootleg, no one would
need to watch MTV to get them, so MTV wouldn't buy them, so the band
wouldn't get anything for them.
3. Videos are copyrighted (of course, just like a movie or TV show) and the
law is the law.

Might seem unfair to some, but this is a business as well as an art form.
Oh well.  On a happier note:
I was wearing my Stow shirt (for the fifteenth time) and someone FINALLY
commented on it; saying: "hey, you got that from the web site!  My friend
showed me that!"  Finally a Close Encounter, even tho it was a boy (I was
hoping it would be a girl -- why is it never a girl?  Why am I girl-crazy in
the first place?  Hair lips breasts eyes -- I do love gurls gurls gurls...)
The guy only knew B&S a little bit, but it was the first contact of that
sort I've ever had.  Americans are slowly waking up to the
beauty, I guess.

Anyone else having problems with Frank Yang's strange "Security Warning"
posts?  Is he Secret Police?

Glad you like the puffy stickers, Queen Bee.  Put them to a smutty use.

I just KNEW the new ep would be orange.  I swear I did!  I almost proposed a
contest to see who could guess what color it would be, and whether it would
feature a boy or a girl.  My guess was to be "Orange / Girl" altho I see I
am wrong (that is a boy, isn't it)?  But when I went to the Jeepster site
yesterday and up popped the cover of Tigermilk with "Preorder the new B&S
now" above it, my heart skipped half a beet [sic] as I thought that T'milk
was finally released again.  But new stuff is better.  I can't wait.

Why do people keep calling Honey a "mrs."?  He's Paul, a boy, non?  I've
been here a while but am still rather confused re: gender.  Patriarch or
matriarch?  Enquiring minds want to know.  But regardless, please heed
his/her/its wisdom-filled posts.

Finally... what happened to the B&S tribute tape?

I haven't forgotten
and you haven't forgotten;
let's forget together someday

These days, I remain,