Sinister: That's the wonder of Cowdenbeath

Kevan Cooke fatslug at xxx.com
Wed Nov 18 12:18:25 GMT 1998

Hello Kiddies,

Well, part two of "Belle and Sebastian - the unauthorised biography"
was shown of Channel Four last night.  Isobel was being a sleazy rock
chick as per usual, and Stuart realised that the band were lacking in
weird watermelon sounds, and promptly recruited Sarah.

Other top moments were Stuart's dad singing along to his Hard Rockin'
Karaoke CD, and the formidable and previously unheard Arab Strap tune
"I Love Cowdenbeath" which has jumped to the top of my shopping list.

On the Pop Subbuteo front I have gone along with Adrian's suggestion
and filed down a late eighties era Jason Donovan in order to replace
the decapitated Stuart M.  The limbs don't quite have that Arms of Sex
look, but with a coat of silver paint applied to the trousers hopefully
no-one will notice.

Only a week to go until the National Pop Subbuteo championships now,
and I've been drawn against The Equals (featuring Eddy Grant) in the
first round.

As you may know there is an international Pop Subbuteo competition
taking place in New York towards the end of the year.  I am pleased
to say that I have managed to get sponsorship from Nairn's Oatcakes
and will be flying over to New York for about five days from the 11th
of December.

I understand from the most Magnetic of Megans that there may be a
Sinister meet-up around then, so don't forget to post something to
the Jeepster site folks.  Unfortunately I will have to miss St Etienne
on the monday night, as I will be busy doing battle with Soul Asylum
at the time.

Kevan
The Fat Slug