Sinister: happiness is a warm crumpet

Anastasia Signoretta Anastasia_Signoretta at xxx.com
Wed Nov 18 15:32:26 GMT 1998

good morning, good midday, good evening lovely listees!

hi there...i feel like i haven't posted in quite some time, though i
probably wrote something yesterday and just don't remember posting it.  i'm
quite scatterbrained lately.  anyhow, nothing much new to report...i fell
asleep on the bus *again* this morning.  oh, and i cut my hair off and i'm
wearing my 'study at stow' t-shirt under a grey cardie at work today and
people keep trying to read what my shirt says while at the same time trying
to talk to me, it's very cute.

so, some things:

1) cyberfriends/cyberreality: i studied postmodernism extensively (don't
worry though, i'm not getting into that!) and cyberreality a bit in college,
 so i have many opinions on this topic (just ask mark c.).  basically, what
i want to tell all of you is, as we move into the 21st century, new
technologies (oh dear it sounds like i'm writing an essay) will allow us
more and more to break away from 'traditional' ways of doing things, and
therefore will make new, not necessarily less valid, 'realities' exist in
our lives.  some people (including myself) have theories that this
'physical' reality, the one we experience with our bodies, our 'physical'
identity or what have you, is only another 'version' of
'reality'...cyberrealities (you all know, as we have created a 'virtual
community' right here in 'sinsterworld') do exist and just because they
aren't 'physical' doesn't mean they are less valid.  i know this is a
difficult concept to swallow, but i really feel that this is the way things
are progressing.  in essence, this progression allows us to form
'relationships' that might never manifest in the physical, but can still be
as meaningful as the ones we form in 'physical' reality.  now, i'm still
not convinced that these relationships are as *satisfying* as the ones
formed in 'physical' reality, but then again some of you may beg to
differ...sometimes i wonder if in years we will not need our 'physical'
selves at all...?  in any case, i think we've established, making friends
in cyberreality is just as legitimate as making friends in 'physical'
reality.  we're not sad, really!  :)  a concept like this is difficult for
my parents to understand (they think it's creepy) but then again they are
not part of this computer generation.  this stuff will be second nature to
our kids.

wow, that was a bit wanky.  anyhow...

2) 'velvet goldmine' (for the non-twee among us): PHWOAR!  rather, jonathan
rhys meyers = PHWOAR!!!  with pink hearts and glitter stars and lots of
exclamation points.  the film wasn't too awful either, if you take it for
what it is.  though (smut content) i was disappointed that the only naked
male we see is ewan mcgregor, whose goods we've already been allowed to
peek at in 'trainspotting.'  :(   now, my real question: is that fab
soundtrack available in the states?

3) tiswas in nyc: please come to dance.  every saturday night at don
hill's.  please, the place needs some adorable people, and of course i'm
calling on you.

4) list crush: disappointed to see i still hold only one vote.  *sigh*
well, whoever you are, cheers...

and now, for some belle and sebastian content, more or less...

5) what this list is about: i mean, that's for each of us to decide
individually, and if what goes on makes you happy, then yay happiness joy.
personally, i adore our virtual community, i like being part of a list
about belle and sebastian *fans* as well as belle and sebastian themselves,
because i think we're all pretty special, don't you?

6) seymour stein: the real man, not the song.  i saw him on some vh-1
special, 'before they were famous' or something like that.  he was talking
about how he discovered *madonna*.  oh dear.  he is the prototypical 'label
exec' and i just...well, i just can't imagine what he and b&s talked about
over dinner...

7) 'is it wicked not to care?' video: i didn't see it.  :(

8) 'modern rock song' ep: this is a 'david and katrina question' (tm),
perhaps...is the ep available in the states *now*?  you've probably
answered this already and i should just go look in the archives and
apologies apologies.

9) mark's ink polaroid of me: cheers luv!  that polaroid is all true, it
really happened, and it was a really lovely moment.  but what was that bit
about being 'up honey's bum' all about?

10) 'physical' reality crushes (this *is* related to b&s, sort of): i met
this, this...*embodiment* of physical perfection complete with tongue
piercing this past weekend, and now he's a bit glam rock, yet when i asked
him if he likes belle and sebastian he replied, 'well i think it's good
music to listen to when you're going to sleep...'  oh dear...should i
pursue this relationship?

er, right.  enough from me.  you win the prize if you reached the end of
this message.

kisses, stasia