Sinister: Backshots, Dobbers and Donkey Pants!

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Nov 18 19:54:46 GMT 1998

As the festive season is a mere stoned throw away, I thought I'd be
the first to ask a question that we're all familiar with at this time
of year - What annuals are you getting? I'm hoping for WARLORD and CUB
SCOUTS' DINKLES. I was reminded of annuals by a strange turn of
affairs in the record industry. I've noticed that more and more "box
sets" are in fact annual sets, in so far as they open up like a book,
and the cover is made of the same stuff annuals are made out of. Pop
groups used to have annuals in the seventies, groups like The Osmonds
and The Bay City Rollers. Belle and Sebastian could revive this great
tradition. Hop to it, Jeepster! I'd be more than happy to write it for
a moderately huge sum of money.

I think Carmen will eventually go on to become the darling of British
athletics, as my Dad used to say about Zola Budd. I do feel that
Carmen's original cry in the wilderness contained more than a grain of
truth. Perhaps we should modify our technique. Instead of counting to
ten, we could count to twelve, and instead of thinking of Sir Cliff,
we could think about plain old Cliff in the seventies, enjoying a nude
romp with tennis ace Sue Barker in a barn somewhere, as reported in
the super soaraway Sun, way back when. That way, we will get less
"thoughtless" posts and a damn sight more smut.

At the same time, please feel free to have the odd slanging match. I
don't bother reading them anymore, but I do so enjoy Paul's
pitch-perfect impersonation of Mister Barraclough from "Porridge".

By the way, I also have problems with Frank Yang's weird coded
messages. Fortunately someone quoted one the other day, enabling me to
nick a great idea.

Night night Mister Barraclough, night night Fletch.

Lenny Godber

In my CD player: CD 1 of the Booker T and the MGs annual set . CD 3
features Boz Scaggs. Sounds like something you have to go to the vet
with. Have Splat and Pish had their Boz Scaggs jabs yet?