Sinister: They're taking it out on us

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at xxx.com
Wed Nov 18 21:38:23 GMT 1998

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Heather Marie Propes wrote:

> What is the general interpretation of this line:
>
> "All the others did drugs
> they're taking it out on us"

A couple of possibilities:

a) Narrator says: They all did.  They survived (by and large).  Why are
they making it such a big deal for us?

b) From "Photo Jenny": "They got the drugs I could use but then I don't
need any".  Except I think he sings "want".  So you can take it either
way.  That is, the narrator has some already.  Or the narrator has no
interest.

Regarding "The State I am In", I have not seen anyone raise the
possibility that the narrator has an interest in, shall we say, the
younger generation.

I don't think these songs have any one, correct interpretation.

--Mark

__ Burning Rome : SENSELESS CD on Mindfield Records MindCD03 Cathartium 14
   < http://www.xnet.com/~mkolmar/BurningRome > < MP3 & RealAudio tracks >