Sinister: random rubbish

Carl Polgar Jr cp83985 at xxx.edu
Wed Nov 18 23:39:27 GMT 1998

i wore my b+s shirt today (the TWATTYBUS one) and, through twelve hours of
romping about on campus, no one came running up to tell me how cool i am.
(because one just doesn't feel cool until someone else points it out to
you). oh well. these things take time, though. in the two and a half years
that i have had my pulp shirt,four people have come up to me to extoll the
virtues of pulp. and of those four occasions, two have led to smutty
encounters, which is why i still would have to choose pulp over belle and
sebastian.  sorry.

i know the whole bus story thing is long dead and gone but i'd rather talk
about that than about some of the things that have gone on more
recently on this list. besides, i only remembered it now.  i've never done
the public transportation thing, but i did go on a chartered bus to
georgia once.  on the way back, the driver started to fall asleep.  i
remember looking at his rearview mirror and seeing his head slowly slope
downwards before rapidly jerking back up.  a lot of the passengers started
screaming and begged him to stop.  he didn't want to.  eventually, they
convinced him to pull over at a hotel.  the agreement was that we would
let him get some sleep for a couple hours while we waited in the lobby.
when he went off to his room, one of the passengers called greyhound and
asked for another bus.  the bus arrived about an hour later, and we all
got in and took off, leaving the bus driver there.

that's the condensed, boring version.  the longer, Reid-length version
has some funny bits in it.

that's my message for this two week period.  before going, i would very
much like to thank lesley for those wonderful photos of the d.c. show.
i very muched like the rest of the home page, too.  give me your address
and i'll send you some cookies.

bye to all,

carl, who was born on january 31, 1977.