Sinister: T-Rex Introduction Cower: or, Mark E. Smith headbutts the list

Pulpbot at xxx.com Pulpbot at xxx.com
Thu Nov 19 04:55:24 GMT 1998

One recent posting:

*You know your anglophilia is out of control when you realize you've
spent two lunches' worth of money on a double-A sided single of crowd
noise following a Creation Records band concert.*

$15 to listen as a Jazz Butcher fan pleads with his mate to give the cute lass
in the Close Lobsters shirt his prized dried daisy that actually hit Johnny
Marr's fingers at the Wolverhampton Puss and Parrot? Priceless!

Who on the list wouldn't shell out upwards of 50 cents for the quiet mumblings
of fans, stunned that Momus has asked them if the nearby strip joint features
flexible Japanese girls?

As the said purchaser of single featuring a riot/background talk following a
1985 Jesus and Mary Chain concert, I can only plead severe early exposure to
situationism, my half-assed notion of which leads me to finger discs that
promise chaos! slogans! the crowd! taking! control!  The stern Mr. Highway
perhaps forgets that he once indicated that he, too, is the sort to purchase
such a single. But he prefers to paint himself as a quick-tongued hunter,
whereas I would never pretend to be other than a pink-cheeked collector.

But if it pleases the gods, I briefly watched 120 Minutes the same day I
bought the single, and, seeing nothing but goatee warriors Semisonic, went to
bed. So I missed the damned video. What are the odds that they'll show it
again? Probably while I'm at the Afghan Whigs show this Sunday.