Sinister: Be Young, Be Foolish, Be Happy

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu Nov 19 14:11:47 GMT 1998

Linda wrote:

some stuff about Ice Breakers

Thanks, I was beginning to think I'd gone doolally. No wonder you are
so wise, Linda. 1965! That's unthinkable for me. I was born in the
political upheaval of May 68, which is probably why I'm such a
left-wing radical. And why I can't remember that girl watering the
plants on the Double Deckers.

Chris wrote:

Rod Begbie

which has sent me hurtling into a profound depression. I miss Rodd.
Roddd, Rodddd, wherefore art thou Roddddd? Have any Boston listees
bumped into Rodddddd yet?

Chris also wrote:

something about lacking pop direction without the Duke.

I know how you feel. Since Duke defected to the Shalala flexilist I
feel all at sea as well. Instead of enjoying his company and wisdom on
equal terms, I am reduced to pressing my nose up against the window
and reading the archives, an outcast from life's popfeast. You see,
it's invitation only, and I didn't get one. It's all McMick McMick's
fault. I want an invitation! I promise not to join if I get an
invitation, but this indie exile is playing hell up with my lumbago.
Tim Hopkins is the evil mastermind behind it all. He's fat, he's
round, he represents the pop underground.

If we must have a new Duke, my vote goes to shy retiring Keith Watson.

Peter

In my CD player: the theme music from Test Match Special on repeat. I
bet none of you know who plays the piano and cowbells? Give up? Why,
it's Isaac Hayes of course! Isn't that a remarkable thing? I knew he
was fantastic all along.