Sinister: erm... I've noticed you around... I find you very attractive... Would you like a list crush from me?

Shearer, Calumn Calumn.Shearer at xxx.uk
Thu Nov 19 16:25:51 GMT 1998

Hello friendly list peeps.

and an _especially_ big hello-and-a-hug-with-a-snuggle to the Two people
who sent in crush votes for me..
I'm well chuffed, considering I hardly ever post, but I've gone into
severe detective mode, racking my brain to try to find out who it
was.... go on, tell me... I promise I won't go all obsessive/posessive
on you (unless you want me to ;-) )

anyway...  a few things to write about...

Someone was speculating on the specific gender of the listmomma Honey,
(Quick apology to Honey - look away everyone else -  I have been meaning
to say "thanks" for your mail, but I've been working _really_ hard
lately, and haven't had time yet. I'll write it after this.. honest!)...
Lovely Linda answered this, but I was wondering..... why "Honey"?

well, to answer my own question (and introduce a little low grade smut)
I quote the first lines of "The Stars Of Track And Field" by a band
called Belle and Sebastian (they're quite a good band)

	Make a new cult every day to suit your affairs
	Kissing girls in English, at the back of the stairs
	You're a honey, with a following of innocent boys
	They never know it
	Because you never show it
	You always get your way

well, that tells a lot, doesn't it.
Pertinent lines:

"Make a new cult every day to suit your affairs" 	-  Well what else is
this list?
"You're a honey"				- Self evident
"with a following of innocent boys" 		- ahem....
"You always get your way" 			- Mothers _always_ get their way.

well, that's my theory. and I'm sticking with it.

erm... what else has been happening?

oh... the "Jenny Thing".... well, my anonymous crushes with (maybe) be
glad to know that I'm still Young, Free and Single (well, single,
anyway) as it didn't exactly work out as I had planned. I took all your
advice to heart, was attentive, but not pushy and generally as charming
as can be (I'm good at charming...) but she prefered the look of the
6'4" Shit-Brickhouse american footballer called "Chris" (nice looking,
but dim)
so. In a shocking display of vengeful bitterness, Calumn has demoted
Jenny from "Light of my life, apple of my eye" status to "lowly
worm-ridden tastless bitch" .  It's childish and fickle, I know... but
damnit if it doesn't make me feel better.

Oh, the whole "in my CD" thing's great - it's a good indication of what
people are listening to without having that (in my opinion) irritating
ListList.

BUT, that's not to say that you can't reccomend a good album now and
again - like I'm about to... (did you see that coming?)
SO, David Holmes' "Essential Mix."   - Fan-bloody-tastic.
why?, I hear you say, would anyone of taste and sophistication want to
listen to a Radio 1 (so called) "Essential Mix"?
Who wants to hear that much "bangin' techno-dance" in one sitting? Who
could cope?

Well, fear not, fey friends... for David Holmes shall surely rescue us
from the dread Mix Hell of Dance. This is a fine (double!) album - It's
got... Brigite Bardot "contact" ("connnntak") and, and, oh.. Marlena
Shaw "California Soul".... oh, it's great.
I think Select reviewed it and said (I'm paraphrasing here... ) "It's
like a mix tape by your friend with the soul collection, and a massive
7" single fetish." .... or something like that.
well, correct me if I'm wrong, but there are a few of those on this
list....

Well, that's it. David Holmes' Essential Mix. A damn fine piece of
plastic, and It'll fit nicely on one tape, for in-car-mucal-gubbins.

There was something else, but I've forgotten it.
oh, well...

Loveandhugstoyouall

cal

In my CD player -Portishead "NYC live",  TWATTYBUS, The Tartan Amoebas
"Evolution", and Nine Inch Nails "Pretty Hate Machine"
	(hehe - quad changer)