Sinister: Sha-La-La, shooby doo wa, ba ba ba-ba, and all that

Mick McMick bp224996 at xxx.edu
Thu Nov 19 16:39:55 GMT 1998

Hello List,
	Well, I'm quite elated today, having gotten a rather good grade in a
class I thought I would get quite a bad grade in. Well, maybe I thought
I would get a mediocre grade, with the possibility of a bad one.
Regardless, let's move on.

PJMiller wrote:
> Chris also wrote:
>
> something about lacking pop direction without the Duke.
>
> I know how you feel. Since Duke defected to the Shalala flexilist I
> feel all at sea as well. Instead of enjoying his company and wisdom on
> equal terms, I am reduced to pressing my nose up against the window
> and reading the archives, an outcast from life's popfeast. You see,
> it's invitation only, and I didn't get one. It's all McMick McMick's
> fault. I want an invitation! I promise not to join if I get an
> invitation, but this indie exile is playing hell up with my lumbago.
> Tim Hopkins is the evil mastermind behind it all. He's fat, he's
> round, he represents the pop underground.

	Well, I think I should clarify some stuff. Yes, our list is invitation
only, but the way you get an invitation is by writing to either myself
or Pete Hahndorf and saying "Hey, can I please get an invitation and
subscribe to your list?" and assuming you aren't a proverbial Ryan
Stotz, we'll send you an invitation. Or should I say, Pete will, as I
know nothing of listserv software, and at the moment, Pete hasn't had
time to dummify it so that I can use it =P  And all of you who don't
feel like subscribing can see our archives at lists.twee.net. If you
want to hear talk of the Wake, the Railway Children, the Jasmine Minks,
How Many Beans Makes Five, the Siddleys, Another Sunny Day, Hopkirk &
Lee, etc, please subscribe. Especially if you're of the female
persuasion, our populace is too testosterone-heavy. There you will find
the Duke, along with many Sinisterines of past and present.
	Incidentally, a lot of people in the past have asked me about the
Sandcastle Records thing in my sig. Yes, I run a very small label. I've
only got one release out so far. You'd think if people were curious
about it, they'd go to the webpage listed in my sig, but no... Well if
you're too lazy, there's an awfully good UK mailorder place on the web,
www.pennyblackmusic.com, that has info on my comp in their front page
this week. Said mailorder seems quite nice, carrying I believe
everything B&S minus Tigermilk, and being a good source for a large
number of Felt albums, as well as the new Field Mice retrospective (buy
it!) and a number of other things.
	Drat, I hope this post isn't too commercial. I'll never ever plug my
label again, promise =)  Well, only two days until I find out if I made
my first B&S conversion (from a mixtape made last year, no less) just 5
days until I get paid a visit by reigning US crush champion Magnetic
Megan. How will I ever have time to post?

 /"\_/"\_/"\   Mick McMick - bp224995 at ohiou.edu - ICQ#5056758
 \         /   Sandcastle Records - (same e-mail for now)