Sinister: Oops, I almost forgot

Mick McMick bp224996 at xxx.edu
Thu Nov 19 16:48:10 GMT 1998

Uh...
	Well I knew I had SOMETHING else to say that wasn't plugging
something... Oh well, pardon the double-post, if you please...

Aranzazu Sanz-Garcia wrote:
> Have B&S played some covers in their gigs or whenever apart from
> 'poupee de cire...' and' Reel around the Fountain' ?

	Indeed they have. Forgetting some of the titles, there was "Turn, Turn,
Turn," not originally done by the Byrds, but I think that was the
version they patterned their cover after. Then this past US tour they
debuted an R.E.M. cover of some sort. Forget the title. At Manchester
they did a cover of Orange Juice's "In a Nutshell," with Isobel on vox.
Can't say it was an improvement on the song, from what I've heard, but
then how could you? They also did some versions of the Velvets'
"Mirror," which was originally sung by Nico, and then there were covers
of the Left Banke (I'd still like to hear that one!) and Beck. I seem to
recall another cover...but it's slipping my mind. I also heard they
recorded a cover of a Felt song with an ink polaroid spoken word-ed
overtop, instead of vocals. I don't think they've done that live,
though. When are we going to hear Love & McCarthy covers? Perhaps
they'll do a Love song (haha) when they play in LA on the west coast
tour? Also, when will we hear a cover recorded & released? Oh, I suppose
they're one of those bands that doesn't record covers (sigh).

 /"\_/"\_/"\   Mick McMick - bp224995 at ohiou.edu - ICQ#5056758
 \         /   Sandcastle Records - (same e-mail for now)