Sinister: They're taking it out on us

Heather Marie Propes asbuch at xxx.edu
Thu Nov 19 17:08:19 GMT 1998

Thanks for your stab. I think that, as you  say, B&S songs have no single
interpretation, which is what makes me so curious about their possible
meanings. That "Me and the Major" is particularly perplexing, at times it
seems to be about some consertative control freak who wants him to join
the army, but this so called conservative also "remembers Roxy Music",
which throws me for a loop.

And the pictures are another puzzle for me. The on on the cover of TBWTAS,
that shows some shaggy-haired guy being prodded with a riding crop, what's
that all about?

more questions later.

Ciao!

http://student-www.uchicago.edu/users/asbuch/index.htm#hometop